Are you looking for a way to live out the Great Commission in Pendleton?
Mentors walk alongside a family and provide a godly example. Mentors help children reach their God-given potential by offering wisdom, friendship, and most importantly, unconditional love.
Impact Mentoring will provide you with the training and support to be the best mentor you can be. If you are ready to serve, we want to connect you with a student who is waiting for a mentor like you!
The New Testament is so filled with disciple-making it led the German martyr Dietrich Bonheoffer to write,
"Christianity without discipleship, is Christianity without Christ."
-Gospel Village Mentoring
Requirements for Mentors
- Mentors must be at least 18 years of age.
- Mentors must be followers of Jesus, involved in a local church, and agree to the statement of faith.
- Mentors must be committed to student safety, which includes
submitting to a background check.
- Time and consistency are crucial for successful relationships. For this reason, we ask that mentors:
- Make a minimum commitment of at least one year.
- Make contact with your mentee 4 times per month, at least twice in person. Other ways of contact include a phone call and/or a handwritten letter.
Although this is the minimum, we encourage mentors to meet with their mentees more than the minimum requirement, and our hope and prayer is that relationships will last much longer than one year. The most meaningful mentoring relationships result from years spent walking alongside a child and their family.
Thank you for wanting to be involved!
Being a mentor can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life – a mutually transforming relationship that will be a blessing to a local family and a blessing to you.